Home Cooks > Recipes > Savory Mushroom Noodles
Yield: Makes 2 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
8 ounces fresh mushrooms (shiitake, cremini, oyster)
1 tablespoon canola oil
5 green onions, chopped (separate white portions and green portions)
2 tablespoons Kikkoman® Less Sodium Soy Sauce
1 ½ cups water
½ tablespoon sugar
8 ounces thick egg noodles or pappardelle pasta
1 tablespoon Kikkoman® Sesame Oil
- Wash and slice all of the mushrooms and set aside.
- Heat canola oil in a wok on medium heat. Once hot, add the white portions of the onions and cook for a couple of minutes or until translucent.
- Turn up the heat to medium high and add the mushrooms.
- Brown the mushrooms, stirring only occasionally until all liquid is removed and the mushrooms are nice and brown.
- Add the soy sauce, water, and sugar, simmering on medium heat for 15-20 minutes.
- During this time, boil a pot of water and prepare your noodles according to package directions.
- Add the drained noodles, green portions of the onions, and sesame oil to the mushrooms, stirring to combine.