Home Cooks > Recipes > Sesame Chicken
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken (thighs, breast, tenders, or a mixture)
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
¼ cup vegetable oil, for frying
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
1 Tablespoon Kikkoman® Rice Vinegar
2 teaspoons Kikkoman® Gluten-Free Sweet Chili Sauce
½ Tablespoons Kikkoman® Sesame Oil
1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
2 Tablespoons sesame seeds
1-inch piece ginger root, grated
1 clove garlic, minced
2 Tablespoons Kikkoman® Soy Sauce
4 green onions, green parts only, for garnish
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Cut chicken into 1½-inch chunks, season with salt and pepper and allow to sit for about 5 minutes before sprinkling cornstarch. (The salt will pull out the chicken's natural juices and create a batter with the cornstarch.)
- Fry chicken in single-layer batches until golden brown. Cool on paper towels or cooling rack.
- Stir in remaining ingredients in a bowl and heat in a wok or wiped-out frying pan. Once it boils and thickens, add cooked chicken pieces and toss to coat.
- Serve with steamed rice and garnish with green onions.