Home Cooks > Recipes > Grilled Shrimp Cocktail
Yield: Makes 6 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes (active) + 1 hour (marinating time)
Cook Time: 5-10 minutes
1 pound of shrimp, peeled and deveined
¼ cup Kikkoman® Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce
6-8 wooden skewers
1 tablespoon liquid honey
¼ cup plain yogurt
1 tablespoon Kikkoman® Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce
3 slices of fresh pineapple, cubed into 8 pieces each
- Place the shrimp in a bowl and pour in teriyaki sauce, making sure to coat the shrimp. Keep the shrimp marinating and refrigerated for an hour
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- After the shrimp marinades for an hour, heat up the grill to medium high and skewer the shrimp onto the wooden skewers. Set the remaining marinating liquid in a separate bowl.
- In a small saucepan, combine honey and the marinating liquid and reduce over medium high heat. The mixture is ready when it’s thick enough to lightly coat the back of a spoon. Let cool.
- Grill the shrimp until they are pink (about 4-5 minutes) and cooked through.
- Remove from the grill and brush with the teriyaki honey glaze.
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt and sriracha.
- To serve, dip the grilled shrimp into the yogurt sriracha sauce or present in bite sized appetizers by plating a single shrimp onto an appetizer spoon with a dollop of yogurt sriracha sauce and a slice of pineapple.