Home Cooks > Recipes > Sweet Potato + Kale Breakfast Bowl
Yield: Makes 2 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
2-3 sweet potatoes, cubed
1 onion, diced
2 ½ tablespoons plus ½ tablespoon olive oil, divided
1 tablespoon Kikkoman® Soy Sauce
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
½ teaspoon plus ¼ teaspoonfreshly ground black pepper
¼ teaspoon salt
2 cups kale, chopped
- Preheat oven to 385°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the cubed sweet potatoes, onion, 2 ½ tablespoons olive oil, soy sauce, paprika, and ½ teaspoon pepper. Make sure that the veggies are well covered in the olive oil.
- Place veggies onto a baking sheet covered in parchment paper and spread out into a single layer.
- Bake for 40 minutes, flipping halfway.
- When the vegetables have about 10 minutes left, place a nonstick pan on medium heat. Add ½ tablespoon of olive oil and the kale. Cook, stirring often, until the kale begins to wilt. Season kale with ¼ teaspoon of salt and pepper. Remove kale from the pan.
- On medium heat, crack two eggs into the nonstick pan and cook to desired doneness.
- While eggs are cooking, assemble breakfast bowls by placing ½ the roasted vegetable mixture and topping with ½ the kale. Top each bowl with a fried egg and a dusting of smoked paprika.