Home Cooks > Recipes > Tangy Pulled Pork
Yield: Makes 4 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 5 hours
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon freshly groundblack pepper
1 pork loin
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ cup balsamic vinegar
¼ cup honey
1 cup chicken stock
3 tablespoons Kikkoman® Soy Sauce
1 teaspoon Kikkoman® Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce
4 sweet buns
4 tablespoons apple sauce
2 cups coleslaw
- Combine brown sugar, paprika, onion powder, and black pepper. Rub over pork loin, cover, and rest in the fridge for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 300°F. While waiting for the oven to heat, place a Dutch oven on medium high heat and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Place the loin into the hot Dutch oven to sear each side.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, honey, chicken stock, and soy sauce. Add mixture to Dutch oven, put the lid on, and place in the oven.
- Cook for 3 hours, flipping halfway. Remove lid and put back into the oven for another 30-45 minutes.
- Remove the pork from the Dutch oven and put onto a cutting board. Once a little cool, use two forks to pull the pork apart.
- Place the Dutch oven back onto the stove and bring to a simmer, allowing the sauce to reduce for 15 minutes. Add the sriracha and stir. Add the pulled pork back into the cooking liquid.
- To assemble, put a ¼ cup of pork onto a bun, top with 1 tablespoon of applesauce and a ¼ cup of coleslaw.