Home Cooks > Recipes > Vegetable and Tofu Pad Thai
Yield: Makes 4 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
1 package of rice noodles
4 tablespoons cooking oil
½ block firm tofu
Broccoli, bok choy, cabbage and bell pepper, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
¼ cup and ½ tablespoons fish sauce
¼ cup and ½ tablespoons agave
2 tablespoons oil
4 tablespoons water
1 ½ teaspoons chili flakes or chili paste
1 can coconut milk
1 can chicken broth
Ginger, fresh or powdered
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon chili paste
- Bring pot of water to a boil
- Dice veggies and tofu; mince garlic.
- Add the noodles into the boiling water and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour oil into a pan and set it on medium-high heat. Begin sautéing veggies and tofu.
- Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl and whisk until egg yolk and whites are incorporated. Add to a separate oiled pan on medium-high and let sit for a moment, then stir to make scrambled eggs.
- In a separate bowl, mix all the sauce ingredients together with a whisk.
- Add the scrambled eggs to the vegetable and tofu pan. Add cooked noodles and sauce, and mix.
- In a large bowl, combine all soup ingredients and whisk gently.
- Pour the soup mixture into a large pot on the stove and let warm for 12-15 minutes.
- Once soup is heated, serve with the Pad Thai and your favorite sauces for extra heat!
Recipe By: Sprouts Cooking Club