Home Cooks > Recipes > Autumn Soup
Yield: Makes 4-5 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 ½ hours
1 butternut squash
1 acorn squash
1 tablespoon + 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
3 strips of uncooked bacon, chopped
1 onion, diced
2 cloves of garlic, diced
2 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 (32 oz.) carton chicken broth
Kikkoman® Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce
4 teaspoons pistachios, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. While waiting for the oven to heat, cut the butternut squash and the acorn squash lengthwise and scoop out the seeds.
- Place both squash on a parchment lined baking sheet and drizzle each half with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until the squash is tender.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Scoop out the squash from the peel and chop roughly.
- In a large pot, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and add bacon and onions. Cook for 5 minutes or until the bacon is browned. Add the garlic and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Add the squash, cumin, and black pepper to the pot and stir.
- Pour broth over the veggies until covered.
- Allow to cook for 20 minutes and then remove fromheat.
- Using a blender, blend the soup until creamy.
- Return the blended soup to pot and keep it warm on low heat until you are ready to serve.
- Once placed in bowls, squeeze about ¼ teaspoon of sriracha on top of each serving and swirl into the soup. Top with pistachios if desired.