Home Cooks > Recipes > Thai Inspired Turkey Burgers
Yield: Makes 4 Servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
1 pound ground turkey
4 green onions, sliced
1 inch fresh ginger, grated
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons basil, chopped
1 lime, juiced and zested
1 teaspoon Kikkoman® Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce
½ tablespoon fish sauce
½ tablespoon Kikkoman® Soy Sauce
2 cups store bought kale slaw (or just chopped kale)
1 tablespoon Kikkoman® Sesame Oil
1 tablespoon Kikkoman® Ponzu Sauce
2 tablespoons Kikkoman® Rice Vinegar
2 tablespoons Kikkoman® Sriracha Mayo
¼ cup cucumber ribbons
1 teaspoon sugar
4 hamburger buns
1 avocado, sliced
- In a bowl, combine the turkey, green onions, ginger, garlic, basil, lime juice and zest, sriracha, fish sauce, and soy sauce.
- Divide mixture into four equal parts and form into round patties.
- Heat grill to high heat and once hot, place turkey patties on the grill for 5 minutes on each side or until they have been cooked through.
- Meanwhile, dress the kale slaw with sesame oil and Ponzu, massaging the dressing into the kale with your hands.
- Quick pickle the cucumber by combining rice vinegar with sugar and pour mixture over the cucumbers, stirring every 1-2 minutes (or make the night before and leave in the fridge until ready to use). Drain before use.
- To assemble the burgers, spread ½ tablespoon of sriracha mayo on the bottom of each bun, followed by a turkey patty, kale slaw, cucumbers, and a couple of slices of avocado.
IF YOU LIKE THIS, TRY...
Sesame Oil / Less Sodium Soy Sauce / Rice Vinegar / Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce