Home Cooks > Recipes > Honey Ginger Chicken
Yield: Makes 6 servings
2-1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1- to 1-1/2-inch pieces
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 cup honey
1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon Kikkoman Less Sodium Soy Sauce
2-1/2 tablespoons Kikkoman Rice Vinegar
2 tablespoons tomato paste
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1-1/2 teaspoons Kikkoman Sesame Oil
1 teaspoon Kikkoman Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon cornstarch
Hot cooked rice or vegetables
- Place chicken in slow cooker pot. Sprinkle pepper over chicken and stir together.
- In medium bowl, blend together honey, less sodium soy sauce, rice vinegar, tomato paste, garlic, ginger, sesame oil and Sriracha sauce. Pour mixture over chicken and stir to coat all pieces evenly.
- Cook on low for 2 to 2-1/2 hours.
- Remove chicken with slotted spoon and keep warm.
- Mix water and cornstarch in small bowl; stir into honey ginger sauce in slow cooker pot. Cover and set slow cooker on low for 15 minutes.
- Return chicken to slow cooker pot and stir until chicken is evenly covered with sauce.
- Serve with rice or vegetables.
IF YOU LIKE THIS, TRY...
Sesame Oil (Non-GMO) / Less Sodium Soy Sauce / Oyster Sauce
(No Artificial Flavors Added)