Home Cooks > Recipes > Shrimp in a Blanket Eggrolls
Yield: Makes: 80 small egg rolls
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: about 6 minutes per batch
1 bulb garlic
1 small carrot, peeled and sliced
1/2 small yellow onion
3 tablespoons Kikkoman® Less Sodium Soy Sauce
1 lb. ground turkey
80 square won ton wrappers (from 2 packages)
1 1/2 lbs. medium-size raw, peeled, tail on shrimp
Cooking oil for frying
2/3 cup Kikkoman® Rice Vinegar
1/3 cup Kikkoman® Soy Sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 small shallot, minced
- To prepare egg rolls, mince garlic cloves, carrot and onion in a food processor. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in soy sauce, turkey and egg.
- Working in batches, place 1 teaspoon turkey mixture in the center of each dumpling wrapper and spread over 2/3 of the wrapper. Brush edges of won ton wrappers lightly with water.
- Place shrimp vertically in the center of meat mixture and roll the wrapper around the filling, making sure to keep the shrimp tail outside of the roll. Press edges to seal.
- Deep-fry eggrolls in hot oil for about 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cooked through. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Stir together all sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Dip and enjoy!