Home Cooks > Recipes > Katsu Burger
Yield: Makes 4 servings
2 ⅔ cups cooked sushi rice
4 chicken thighs
1 ½ cups flour
2 cups Kikkoman® Panko Breadcrumbs
¼ cup mayonnaise
2 teaspoons Kikkoman® Soy Sauce
1 teaspoon Kikkoman® Sesame Oil
1 Tablespoon Kikkoman® Ponzu Sauce
1 teaspoon honey
2 cups kale, thinly sliced
½ cup red cabbage, thinly sliced
½ carrot, julienned
Kikkoman® Katsu Sauce
- Tightly pack rice into 3-4 inch rounds and fry in oil until golden. Sprinkle with furikake while still warm and set aside to cool.
- Trim chicken to patty size.
- Crack eggs into a bowl and place flour and panko breadcrumbs into 2 more bowls.
- Dip chicken in flour, shaking off excess. Dip in egg and then dip in panko breadcrumbs.
- Deep-fry in 350ºF oil until golden.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- To make slaw, combine ingredients
- To assemble, place katsu on one rice bun, drizzle with Kikkoman Katsu Sauce and top with slaw and other rice bun.