Home Cooks > Recipes > Quick Vegetable Pad Thai
Yield: Makes 3-4 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
8 ounces linguine noodles
1 zucchini, cut into thin strips
1 red pepper, cut into thin strips
½ yellow onion, diced
2-3 carrots, cut into thin strips
3 tablespoons fish sauce
2 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons chicken or vegetable broth
2 tablespoons Kikkoman® Rice Vinegar
1 tablespoon Kikkoman® Soy Sauce
1 teaspoon Kikkoman® Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce
2 tablespoons vegetable or olive oil
½ cup peanuts, chopped
½ cup cilantro
- Start by cooking the noodles according to the package directions.
- While the noodles are boiling, prepare the vegetables by cutting them into thin strips.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the fish sauce, sugar, broth, vinegar, soy sauce, and sriracha sauce.
- Heat a wok or large pan on medium high heat and add the oil.
- Add the onions to the wok, stirring frequently until translucent. Add carrots, zucchini, red pepper, and any other desired vegetables, stirring frequently for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the drained noodles to the pan along with ½ of the sauce. Stir well.
- Push the noodles and vegetables to one side of the pan and crack in the eggs, scrambling quickly and then folding into the noodles.
- Add the remainder of the sauce.
- Serve immediately, topped with 2 tablespoons of cilantro and 2 tablespoons of peanuts per serving.