Home Cooks > Recipes > Panko Fried Prawns
Yield: Serves 2-3
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
1 pound prawns
3 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoons mayonnaise
50 ml water
1 cup Kikkoman® Panko Bread Crumbs
1 quart vegetable oil
4 tablespoons Kikkoman® Less Sodium Soy Sauce
- Your prawns will need to be deveined and unshelled (but with the tail left on). If you purchase them this way, you’ll save time, but if not, you’ll need to complete this step.
- Whisk together the egg, flour, mayonnaise and water to create a batter.
- Pour the Panko into a shallow bowl.
- Heat your oil in a deep pan until it reaches 375℉.
- Dip each prawn into the batter and then into the Panko to coat.
- Carefully put the prawns into the oil and fry until they are crispy and brown on both sides.
- Once finished, set the prawns on paper towel to absorb any extra oil.
- Serve alongside soy sauce to dip!