Home Cooks > Recipes > Japanese Mixed Rice with Salmon and Mushrooms
Yield: Serves 4
Cook Time: 15 minutes
2 salmon fillets
3 shiitake mushrooms
3 ½ ounces shimeji mushrooms
1 ¾ ounces maitake mushrooms
2 ¼ cups uncooked rice
4 fluid ounces Kikkoman® Hon Tsuyu
1 tablespoon Sake
1 sprig green perilla or Japanese parsley, for garnishing
- Remove the skin and bones from the salmon and pour boiling water over the fillets to cook fish. Set aside.
- Thinly slice the shiitake mushrooms.
- Divide the shimeji and maitake mushrooms into individual stems.
- Wash the rice and place in a colander to drain.
- Put the rice, hon tsuyu and sake into a rice cooker and pour in the proper amount of water.
- Lightly mix the ingredients together, then place the salmon and mushrooms on top and cook.
- If a rice cooker is not available, cook the rice following the directions on the package and mix in the other ingredients.
- When the rice has finished cooking, stir the ingredients together and place into bowls.
- Sprinkle with green perilla or Japanese parsley if you prefer and enjoy.
Note: Cooking time does not include time to cook rice