- Remove the florets from the broccoli with 1 inch of the stem. Cut the rest of the stems diagonally into 1/4-inch thick slices, discarding the last inch of the stem.
- Place the broccoli in a saucepan of boiling water and return to a boil. Cook for 1 minute and drain. Immediately rinse in cold water and drain well. Pat dry with paper towels and set aside.
- Remove and discard the strings from the snow pea pods.
- In a saucepan of boiling water, place the snow peas and return the water to a boil. Drain; immediately rinse in cold water. Drain well; pat dry with paper towels and set aside.
- Core and seed the red bell pepper and cut into 2 x 1/4-inch strips.
- Heat a wok or a large skillet over high heat. Add vegetable oil, broccoli, red pepper and garlic and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the snow peas and less sodium soy sauce and stir-fry 1 minute longer.
- Remove from heat and stir in sesame oil. Serve immediately.
Recipe submitted by Katie Chin, co-author of Everyday Chinese Cooking.