- Drain seafoods and vegetables thoroughly on paper towels; arrange on large platter.
- Pour oil for frying at least 2 inches deep into electric skillet or deep, wide skillet; heat to 375°F.
- Meanwhile, prepare Tempura Dipping Sauce and Tempura Batter.
- To fry shrimp, hold one at a time by the tail and dip into batter. Drain off excess batter slightly and slide shrimp gently into hot oil. Repeat with 3 or 4 more shrimp. Fry shrimp about 1 minute, turn over and fry 1 minute longer, or until lightly golden brown.
- Dip and fry other ingredients in the same manner as shrimp. Drain tempura on paper towels, or on wire rack over cake pan. Skim off pieces of cooked batter from oil with wire strainer.
- Serve immediately with Tempura Dipping Sauce.
Tempura Dipping Sauce: Combine 1/4 cup Kikkoman Tempura Dipping Sauce with 1 cup hot water.
Tempura Batter: Beat 1 large egg thoroughly with wire whisk or hand rotary beater (not electric). Blend in 1-1/4 cups ice-cold water. Sprinkle 2 cups sifted cake flour evenly over egg mixture. With same wire whisk or beater, stir in flour quickly only until flour is moistened and large lumps disappear. Batter should be very lumpy. Do not stir batter after it is mixed.