- To prepare pickled shitakes, wash and slice mushrooms. Place the remaining ingredients in medium pot and bring to boil. Add mushrooms and bring back to boil; reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature. (May be stored covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.)
- To prepare paella, heat an 11-inch paella pan over medium heat. Add oil and sear pork belly on all sides. Stir in rice, kimchi and gochujang, being careful not to burn the ingredients, lowering the heat slightly if needed.
- Add chicken stock, Kikkoman soy sauce, dashi and tofu; gently stir to mix ingredients. Increase heat to high heat and bring to a boil.
- Once the stock is boiling, reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 15 minutes or until the stock has reduced by half, stirring occasionally. Continue to cook over medium-low heat for 30 minutes or until all of the stock is absorbed by the rice. The mixture should form socarrat (crunchy rice) on the bottom of the pan. If necessary, increase heat slightly and cook for a few minutes more, being careful not to burn the rice.
- When you have a deep golden brown crunchy socarrat, remove from heat. Sprinkle with furikake and scallions and garnish each serving with Kikkoman Soy Pickled Shitakes, lemon wedges, mayo and fried farm eggs.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Peter Lee of Secret Bao