- Place a 20-qt sauce pot on the stove over medium heat.
- Add oil to pan and allow to warm for a few minutes. Add the onion, celery, carrots, and mushrooms. Sauté until onions become translucent and browning has begun, about 10 minutes.
- Add garlic into pot and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes, until garlic begins to brown.
- Pour in soy sauce to deglaze pan.
- Add sugar, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, pepper, salt, tomatoes, and quinoa and stir to incorporate. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 40 to 45 minutes, until quinoa has become tender.
- Once the quinoa is cooked, taste and adjust salt and pepper as needed, then add soymilk. Heat an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve over your favorite pasta.
Recipe created in partnership with Chef Dawn McClung, Piada Italian Street Food