NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOTIMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAWOR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
Contest may only be entered in or from the 50 United States and the District of Columbia andentries originating from any other jurisdiction are not eligible for entry. This Contest is governedexclusively by the laws of the United States. You are not authorized to participate in the Contestif you are not located within the 50 United States or District of Columbia.
How to Enter. To enter Kikkoman Recipe of the Month Contest (“Contest”), read the OfficialRules, log in to your Twitter or Instagram account and post a picture of your version of a mealyou have cooked at home to Twitter or Instagram. Account must not be private (locked).The Photo must be original and your post caption must also include the requiredhashtags #ContestEntry and #KikkomanRecipe to be considered a valid entry.
Individuals who do not follow all of the instructions, provide the required information, use therequired hashtag(s), and/or abide by these Official Rules or other instructions of Sponsor may bedisqualified. Contest entries must comply with the Entry requirements set forth herein to bevalid. As used herein, “Entry” (and/or “Entries”) refers to all content you submit in connectionwith the Contest (including, but not limited to, the Photo, description, explanations, hashtags, tagnames, etc.). Sponsor reserves the right to remove any Entry that does not adhere to thesubmission requirements, as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion, and/or disqualify theentrant. All Entries must be in compliance with the Twitter/Instagram format requirements.Entries must be in English. By submitting an Entry into the Contest, you hereby warrant andrepresent that your Entry conforms to the Entry Requirements and Official Rules set forth herein.
Limit: One  entry/entries per person/account per day during the entire Entry Period. Sponsor’scomputer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
Any attempt to submit more than the maximum number of entries using multiple/differentTwitter/Instagram accounts, identities or any other methods may void that participant’s entry(ies)and corresponding prizes (if any). Automated entries are prohibited, and any use of automateddevices will cause disqualification. No other forms of entry are valid other than as set forthabove. All entry information becomes the property of the Sponsor. Multiple entrants are notpermitted to share the same Twitter/Instagram account. Should multiple users of the sameTwitter/Instagram account enter the Contest and a dispute thereafter arise regarding the identityof the entrant, the authorized account holder of said account at the time of entry will beconsidered the entrant. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who isassigned a Twitter/Instagram account by Twitter and/or Instagram Inc. Potential winner may berequired to show proof of being the Authorized Account Holder.
1. All entry information shall be collectively referred to herein as the “Submissions” or each asa “Submission.” Submissions must comply with the Guidelines and Restrictions defined below.
By entering, each entrant warrants and represents the following with respect to his/herSubmission: (a) Submission is entrant’s own creation; and (b) the Submission will notinfringe on any rights of any third parties.
Providing a Submission constitutes entrant’s consent to grant Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable,perpetual, exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, anddisplay such Submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it intoother works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including but notlimited to on any and all Internet media, including Sponsor’s web sites and properties (e.g.,KikkomanUSA.com) and on social networking sites (i.e., Facebook, YouTube, Twitter etc.), forany legal purpose whatsoever. PLEASE NOTE THAT BY SUBMITTING A SUBMISSION,YOU GRANT SPONSOR THE RIGHT TO POST THE SUBMISSION ON SPONSOR’SWEBSITES AND SOCIAL MEDIA SITES FOREVER WITHOUT ANY ADDITIONALPERMISSION OR COMPSENSATION.
All entrants must have a valid email address. No automated entry devices and/or programspermitted. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid,unintelligible, postage-due, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will bedisqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Proof ofsubmission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
2.Start/End Dates. The Contest begins on 1st of each month and ends on last day of each monthat 11:59 pm EST (the “Entry Period”). All entries must be received before the Entry Period endtime/date to be valid.
3.Eligibility. Participation open only to those who are 18 years of age or older as of date ofentry and are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia. Voidwhere prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of KikkomanSales USA, Inc. (“Sponsor”) and its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, advertisingand promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of Contest materials, and their immediatefamilies (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether relatedor not) of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible to enter. You are not authorized toparticipate in the Contest if you are not located within the 50 United States or the District ofColumbia at time of entry. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
4. Submission Guidelines and Content Restrictions: By entering, each entrant agrees that hisor her Submission conforms to the Submission Guidelines and Content Restrictions as definedbelow (collectively, the “Guidelines and Restrictions”) and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion,may remove any Submission and disqualify an entrant from the Contest if it believes, in its solediscretion, that the entrant’s Submission fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions.
•The Photo must contain a photograph of an original meal the entrant cookedat home.
•The Submission must be in English.
•The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes any rights of anyother party, including but not limited to copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or anyother intellectual property rights;
•The Submission must not in any way disparage Sponsor or any other person or party;
•The Submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscenehateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
•The Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harmagainst any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender,religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
•The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary tothe laws or regulations of the United States or of any jurisdiction where Submission iscreated;
•The Submission cannot promote illegal drugs or firearms (or the use of any of theforegoing), or any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particularpolitical agenda or message;
•The Submission must be consistent with the image and values of Sponsor and beconsistent with and satisfy the purpose of the Contest.
Each entrant acknowledges that other entrants may have used ideas and/or concepts in theirSubmission that may be similar in idea or concept to what is included in entrant’s Submission.Each entrant understands and agrees that he/she shall not have any claim against any other entrant or Sponsor arising out any such similarity or be entitled to any compensation because of any such similarity.
Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest, including, but not limited to, interpretation and application of these Official Rules. By entering the Contest, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules, the interpretation of these rules by Sponsor and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest.
ENTRIES POSTED TO SOCIAL MEDIA ARE NOT EDITED BY SPONSOR AND ARE THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER. Any waiver of any obligation hereunder bySponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to entrants.
Sponsor reserves the right to waive the Entry submission requirements set forth herein in its reasonable discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its reasonable discretion, during or upon completion of the EntryPeriod, to request that any entrant resubmit his or her Entry which fails to comply with theContest entry requirements prior to any judging period.
By accepting a prize, the winner agrees that his/her Entry will be deemed a Work Made For Hire under the Copyright laws of the United States, but if it cannot be so deemed, then the winner irrevocably assigns and transfers to Sponsor all of his/her right, title and interest in and to his/herentry, including all but not limited to all copyright and trademark rights which he or she may have, in the United States and worldwide, therein, for consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged. Winner hereby waives in favor of Sponsor, all rights of“Droit Moral” or “Moral Rights of Authors” or any similar rights or principles of law that winner may now or later have to their Entry. Sponsor reserves the right to alter, change or modify a winning Entry, in its sole discretion. Upon request of Sponsor, winner shall execute and deliver such additional instrument of assignment, as may be solely deemed by Sponsor, reasonably necessary to establish the ownership of record of the right, title and interest in and to the Entry and of the copyrights transferred and “Moral Rights of Authors” waived under these OfficialRules. Should Sponsor fail to request the said assignment as stated, that shall not be deemed a waiver of Sponsor’s rights and Sponsor may at a later time request the assignment.
5. Judging/Judging Criteria. On or before the 15th of the month following the end of the EntryPeriod, all eligible Submissions will be judged by a panel of judges that have the required knowledge and experience to apply the judging panel’s judging criteria (defined below). One (1)winner will be selected by Sponsor based upon the following criteria: visual appeal and engagingnature of image and/or caption. The individual whose Entry receives the highest total score will be the winner, subject to verification. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all aspects.
6.Prizes.PRIZE(S) (1): Each prize consists of Kikkoman products and Kikkoman branded promotional goods. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $50 each prize. Total ARV of all prizes is $50. ARV is as of date of printing of these Official Rules. The difference between any stated value and actual value will not be awarded to winner. Limit: one (1) prize per person/household.
7.Notification. Winners will be notified via @reply (Twitter) or comment (Instagram) on or before the 16th of the month following the end of the Entry Period. Winners may be required to sign and return, where legal, an Affidavit or Declaration of Eligibility, Liability/PublicityRelease and/or rights transfer document (including transfer/assignment of rights in theSubmission to Sponsor) within the time frame designated by Sponsor. If any potential Finalist cannot be contacted within two (2) calendar days of first notification attempt, if any prize orFinalist/prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if any potential Finalist rejects his/herFinalist position, or any potential Winner rejects his/her prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Contest rules and requirements, such Finalist or Winner’s position/prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to the Submission with the next highest score. Upon forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
8.Conditions. Submissions may be cut, edited, reformatted, rearranged, combined with other materials and/or otherwise modified, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Any and all federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners. Participation in Contest and /or acceptance of prize constitutes each winner’s permission for Sponsor to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information,Submission and/or any statements made by each winner regarding the Contest or Sponsor for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By participating, entrants and winners agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, Ketchum Inc., and their advertising and promotion agencies and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in Contest, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Contest-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property-related cause of action. Entrants further agree that in any cause of action, Sponsor’s liability will be limited to the value of the Prize and in no even shall the Sponsor be liable for attorneys’ fees.Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this Contest in any way shall be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible if Contest cannot take place or if any prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism.
9.Additional Terms. Any attempted form of entry other than as set forth above is prohibited; no automatic, programmed; robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. Sponsor, its affiliates, partners and promotion and advertising agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the Contest, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in thisContest or downloading any materials in this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Contest should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. Insuch case, Sponsor will select the winners from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after(if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or web site. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITEOR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BEMADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING1624677.1 25057-0006-006
ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. Limitation of Liability; Disclaimer of Warranties. IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED ENTITIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE ANY WEBSITES ASSOCIATED WITH THE CONTEST OR DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY WEBSITES ASSOCIATED WITH THE CONTEST. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THIS CONTEST AND ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY GUARANTEE OR WARRANTY OFANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOMEOF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
11. Disputes; Governing Law. The parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules, including, without limitation, the Contest. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or the Contest shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of theAmerican Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the San Francisco County, California.THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE INTERPRETATION OF ITS TERMS SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA WITHOUT REGARD TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OR CONFLICTS OF LAWS RULES (WHETHER OF CALIFORNIA OR ANY OTHER JURISDICTION). For any matters which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in theseOfficial Rules and/or in connection with the entering of any judgment on an arbitration award in connection with these Official Rules and/or the Contest, the parties irrevocably submit and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in or closestto the County of San Francisco in the State of California. The parties agree not to raise the defense of forum non conveniens.
13. Name of Winner. To obtain the name of a prior month’s winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Kikkoman’s Recipe of the Month Contest – Winners’ List; c/o Kikkoman Marketing Team, 50 California St # 3600, San Francisco, CA 94111. You must include the name of the month for which you are requesting winner information. Requests for a winner’s information are limited to winners that have won within the last six months upon the date that the request has been received.
14. Sponsor. Kikkoman Sales USA, Inc., 50 California Street, Suite 3600, San Francisco, CA94111
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.