Home Cooks > Recipes > Soy Sauce Brined Pork Chops
Yield: Makes 6 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Marinate Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 6 minutes
6 pork chops
½ cup Kikkoman® Soy Sauce
½ cup Kikkoman® Kotteri Mirin
1 tablespoon Kikkoman® Sesame Oil
2 cups water
3 cloves of garlic, sliced
1 inch of ginger, sliced
- Combine soy sauce, mirin, sesame oil, water, garlic, ginger, and peppercorns in a large bowl or jug.
- Place pork chops into a shallow baking dish or a large plastic bag.
- Pour the brining liquid over pork chops, cover, and let rest in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- When you’re ready to cook, remove the chops from the brining liquid and pat dry. Allow the chops to come to room temperature.
- Heat your grill to medium high heat and once hot, place on the pork chops.
- Cook for 4-7 minutes on each side (depending on how thick your chop is) or until the internal temperature reaches at least 145F.
- Remove the chops from the grill and allow to rest for 5 minutes.