1. In a medium bowl, combine turkey meatball ingredients and mix until ingredients are well incorporated.
2. With lightly oiled hands, roll mixture into approximately ten 2” balls.
3. Heat a lightly oiled stock pot or dutch oven over medium heat.
4. Add meatballs and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until browned. Remove meatballs from the pot and set aside.
1. Add olive oil to the stockpot and sauté diced onion in meatball drippings over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes until soft.
2. Add garlic, black pepper, and Italian seasoning, and cook for approximately one minute, stirring often.
3. Add tomato paste and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
4. Deglaze the pot with chicken broth, scraping the bottom of the pan to release any caramelized bits.
5. Add crushed tomatoes, kale, beans, meatballs and Kikkoman® Umami Joy Sauce. Let the stew simmer on medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Reduce heat to low and stir in parmesan cheese, basil and lemon zest. Cover and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
7. When ready, serve stew in individual bowls. Garnish each bowl with a sprinkle of parmesan and a drizzle of olive oil, if desired.