FOR THE SAUCE
- Measure soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, ginger, daikon, lime zest and black pepper into jar with screw-top lid; cover and shake well to combine.
- Store in refrigerator up to 1 week. Shake well before using. Makes 1 cup sauce.
FOR THE DISH
- Sauté daikon in 1 teaspoon hot oil in large skillet with oven-proof handle over medium heat until light brown on both sides. Add broth and 2 Tbsp. Sauce.
- Bake in 375°F oven 30 minutes, or until daikon becomes fork-tender.
- Heat remaining 2 Tbsp. oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add salmon and pan-fry 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until fish flakes easily with fork.
- Arrange salmon on 4 dinner plates with roasted daikon and mashed potatoes.
- Just before serving, spoon 2 Tbsp. Sauce over each salmon steak. Serve with additional Sauce.
- Serve Sauce with potstickers or spring rolls.
- Or, use to baste grilled or broiled boneless chicken breasts.
Recipe developed by Bridget Batson, Executive Chef, Hawthorne Lane, San Francisco, California.