For Tamari Salted Caramel
- Place sugar and water in small sauce pot over medium high heat. Stir to dissolve.
- Cook for approximately 10 minutes, without stirring, or until amber in color.
- Remove from heat and whisk in butter.
- Slowly whisk in heavy cream.
- Whisk in Kikkoman Gluten-Free Tamari and set aside.
For Tamari Peanut Brittle
- Line a ½ sheet tray with parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place sugar, corn syrup, water, and Kikkoman Gluten-Free Tamari in a medium sauce pot over medium heat, stirring to incorporate.
- Bring to a boil and continue to boil until it reaches 250°F, approximately 10 minutes.
- Stir in peanuts and heat to 300°F.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter and baking soda.
- Pour into prepared sheet tray and spread smooth.
- Allow to cool at room temperature and break into pieces.
For Smoky Peanut Butter & Tamari Salted Caramel Shake
- Place softened ice cream, peanut butter, salted caramel, and mezcal in a blender.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until smooth.
- Drizzle inside of each frosted glass with 1 tablespoon salted caramel and pour approximately 13 fl oz of milkshake in each glass.
- Top each shake with 1 ½ oz whipped cream and drizzle with another 1 tablespoon salted caramel.
- Sprinkle each glass with 1 oz peanut brittle pieces.
Recipe created in partnership with Chef Daniel Camp, On the Border