- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in medium skillet over medium heat. Sauté red onion until softened.
- Add garlic then basil; sauté just until basil wilts. Add orange juice, broth, soy sauce, sugar and orange marmalade. Boil until reduced by half, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in chipotle pepper and adobo sauce. Continue to boil for 1 minute.
- Whisk in remaining butter, 1 tablespoon at a time (do not boil).
- Season with salt and pepper.
- For glazed chicken, melt 1 tablespoon butter in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add almonds and cook and stir until light golden brown, about 2 minutes. Remove almonds; set aside.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in skillet. Season chicken to taste with salt and pepper. Add chicken to skillet; cook until brown on both sides, about 10 to 12 minutes. Add soy sauce and orange marmalade to skillet; stir to glaze chicken.
- To serve, spoon rice onto each dinner plate; top with chicken. Serve with Signature Sauce. Sprinkle with toasted almonds and green onions. Garnish with orange slices and basil sprigs.
ADDITIONAL USAGE IDEAS
- Serve with sea bass.
- Serve with pork.
Recipe submitted by Gloria Bradley, Naperville, IL, First Prize Winner of the Signature Sauce Recipe Contest.