- Combine the ingredients for the marinade in a bowl and add the chicken pieces. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Combine the ingredients for the sauce and set aside.
- In a large pan over medium high heat, add oil and chicken. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until chicken is almost cooked through, and transfer to a plate.
- Add green and red bell peppers to the pan and cook for 3 minutes, until peppers have softened. Add garlic and red chilies, stir well, and cook for 1 minute.
- Return the chicken to the pan and stir well. Add sauce, peanuts and scallions and stir well. Cook for 1 minute or until the sauce has slightly thickened. Turn the heat off and transfer to a bowl.
To make the Chinese noodle cakes:
- Divide noodles into four equal piles.
- Add oil to a pan over medium high heat and when the oil is hot, add noodle piles to the pan. Leave space between them so they don’t touch each other.
- Press down on each of them with a spatula and cook until the pasta is crispy and light brown. Flip over and do the same for the other side (about 1-2 minutes for each side).
Divide the noodle cakes among four plates and top with kung pao chicken. Serve immediately.
This Long Life Kung Pao Chicken Recipe Is:
Low in sugar
High in niacin
High in vitamin C