- Combine shrimp with marinade until evenly coated; let stand 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine sauce ingredients.
- Cut chili peppers in half lengthwise. Using tip of knife, scrape out seeds. Discard seeds; cut chili peppers into 1/4-inch pieces.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in hot wok or large skillet over high heat. Add half of shrimp and stir-fry about 2 minutes, or until shrimp turns pink; remove. Cook remaining shrimp in 1 Tbsp. oil as directed; remove.
- Heat remaining 2 Tbsp. oil in same pan. Add chili peppers and garlic; stir-fry 10 seconds. Add green onions and bell pepper; stir-fry 1 minute.
- Add sauce mixture; cook, stirring, until sauce boils and thickens. Stir in shrimp and sesame oil.
Adapted from “Classic Chinese Cuisine” by Nina Simonds.
Click Here to learn more about Featured Chef, Nina Simonds.