- Combine flour, garlic powder and pepper. Coat both sides of meat with flour mixture; reserve mixture.
- Lightly brown meat slowly on both sides in hot oil in Dutch oven or large skillet. Combine teriyaki sauce and 1-1/4 cups water; pour over meat. Cover and simmer 1-1/2 hours.
- Arrange potatoes around meat and simmer, covered, 30 minutes longer, or until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, blend 1/4 cup reserved flour mixture and 1/2 cup water.
- Remove meat and potatoes to serving platter; keep warm.
- Pour pan drippings into large measuring cup. Skim off fat; reserve 2-1/2 cups. Return reserved drippings to pan and bring to boil. Gradually stir in flour mixture. Cook and stir until thickened.
- To serve, slice meat across grain and serve with potatoes and gravy.