- In a blender mix wet and dry ingredients until smooth.
- Gently massage marinade into ground beef and let sit for at least 2 hours.
- Form patties into 6 oz. discs and chill in refrigerator.
- Mix wasabi powder and soy to thin consistency.
- Whisk mixture into mayonnaise.
- Reduce Mirin and Sake in a sauce pot to 3/4.
- Add sugar and soy.
- Bring to a boil.
- Whisk in together cornstarch and water to make a slurry.
- Add slurry to sauce pot and bring to a boil.
- Cool teriyaki before use.
Crispy Fried Onions:
- Thinly slice yellow onions into 1/3 inch rings.
- Heat canola oil in fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Dredge sliced onions in flour and shake off excess marinade.
- Fry dredged onions until golden brown (approximately 8 minutes).
- Drain excess oil on layered paper towels.
Burger Cooking and Assembly:
- In a HOT skillet on high heat. Add teaspoon canola oil.
- Place FUKU patty in HOT pan.
- Turn down to medium heat.
- Cook on each side. Approximately 2 to 2 1/2 minutes on each side.
- On bottom side of lightly toasted bun, place FUKU Patty.
- Top with over medium fried egg.
- Drizzle 1/2 teaspoon teriyaki on egg.
- Sprinkle Tamago Furikake on egg to taste (Furikake should stick to egg)
- Top with crispy fried onions.
- Lightly drizzle 1/2 to 1 teaspoon Wasabi Mayo on crispy fried onions.
- For presentation. Lean toasted hamburger bun top against side of assembled burger to showcase your hours of hard work.
Credit Chef Colin Fukunaga