For Scallion Pancakes
- In a mixing bowl combine flour, hot water and 2 Tbsp of Kikkoman sesame oil.
- Mix until completely incorporated. Place onto a clean work surface and knead for 5 minutes.
- Place into an oiled mixing bowl, cover with a damp towel and allow to rest for 1 hour.
- Sprinkle flour onto the work surface and place 2 oz of dough onto the surface.
- Using a rolling pin roll the dough out to a 6 inch round.
- Brush on some of the reserved sesame oil and sprinkle 2 Tbsp of scallions onto the dough.
- Roll up.
- Shape the rolled dough into a spiral.
- Using the rolling pin. Roll out the dough again into a 6 inch round.
- In a non stick skillet, place a small about of oil and cook the pan cake until it is golden brown on one side, over medium heat.
- Flip the pancake and repeat.
- Repeat this process until all the dough is used.
For Thai Chili Aioli
- Place all ingredients into a small bowl and mix. Set aside in cold storage until ready to use.
For Roasted Purple Sweet Potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place all ingredients onto a sheet pan and mix.
- Cook in the over until golden and tender, 20 minutes.
For Panko Sticky Chicken
- In a mixing bowl combine flour and spices and mix.
- In a second bowl combine milk, eggs and Thai Style Chili Sauce and mix.
- Place the panko into a third mixing bowl.
- Make sure the chicken tenders are dry.
- Dust the chicken in the seasoned flour.
- Dip into the egg wash.
- Coat in the panko.
- Place into the frying oil set to 350 degrees.
- Cook for 3 minutes.
- Place the cooked chicken onto a paper towel lined tray and reserve.
For Pickled Fresno Chilis and Pear Slaw
- Place rice vinegar, Thai Style Chili Sauce and water into a jar and mix.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes prior to serving.
- Scallion Pancake
- 1 Tbsp Sweet Chili Aioli
- ¼ cup Roasted Purple Sweet Potatoes
- 1 Sticky Chicken Tender
- ¼ cup Pickled Fresno Chilis & Pears
- Top with a sunny side up egg* Optional
- Garnish with a sprinkle of sliced scallions *Optional
Recipe created in partnership with Chef Venecia Willis, Velvet Taco