- Whisk together all Pancake Sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- To prepare pancakes, combine flour, salt, and water and stir to make into dough; knead until smooth. Cut dough into 8 equal pieces.
- Roll one piece as thinly as possible into a large rectangle. Brush the surface with a thin layer of oil then sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon You should be able to stretch the dough even thinner at this point. Enlarge the rectangle by stretching out the corners and evening them out.
- From the bottom up, roll the pancakes into logs then bring the ends into the center, making 2 circles. Stack the circles on top of each other and press down gently. Repeat with remaining dough. Cover and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Press each piece down and roll into a pancake about as thin as a flour tortilla.
- Heat a thin layer of oil in a very large skillet or on a griddle over medium heat. Place one pancake in skillet and cook until each side is light golden brown and cooked through. Repeat with remaining pancakes.
- For each serving, sweat 2 tablespoons scallions and 6 Thai basil leaves in skillet. Crack an egg over the top, then top with a sliced of cheese. When the egg is partially cooked, top with a cooked pancake and continue to cook. Once the egg is fully cooked, flip the pancake over.
- Remove from skillet and top with 2 teaspoons chili sauce and about 1 1/2 teaspoons pancake sauce. Fold in 2 sides then roll up. Serve with additional chili sauce and any additional pancake sauce.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Vivian Ku of Joy.