- Salt both sides of eggplant and lay on a paper towel-lined sheet pan to sweat, from 15 minutes to an hour. Rinse under cold water and blot very dry with more paper towels. Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a skillet over medium heat add olive oil, Kikkoman® Panko Bread Crumbs, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper and toast—stirring often—until panko is a pale golden brown—approximately 3-4 minutes. Transfer to a shallow bowl. In a second shallow bowl, add eggs and sriracha and beat until blended.
- Dip eggplant into egg mixture, then dip into panko mixture, using your hands to coat both sides with the mixture. Place prepared eggplants on a parchment-lined sheet pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until panko is a deep golden brown and eggplant is tender.
- Meanwhile, warm marinara in a pot over low heat.
- To assemble, spoon marinara onto a serving platter and arrange warm eggplant and mozzarella on top. Top with cherry tomatoes. Finish with a glug of olive oil and garnish with basil and serve.
Recipe created in partnership with @petersom.