- Season a large pot of boiling water heavily with salt. Add pasta and cook for 7 to 10 minutes or al dente, stirring occasionally. Drain, reserving some of the pasta water.
- To prepare Sesame Soy Butter Mushrooms, heat sesame oil in a very large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and golden brown, stirring frequently. Deglaze with soy sauce then add butter, cooking until melted.
- Whisk cornstarch into cream, then add to skillet. Bring to a simmer, then cook for 3 to 5 minutes. (It should be the consistency of thin gravy).
- Add mushroom mixture to cooked pasta and toss to coat; cook for a minute more. Stir in cheese and add enough reserved pasta water (about ½ cup) to thin the mixture slightly. Stir in thyme and lemon zest.
- Transfer to serving plates or bowls and sprinkle with Garlic Breadcrumbs. Garnish with additional cheese, thyme and lemon zest, if desired.
To add a crunchy topping to this pasta, cook 1 cup of Kikkoman® Panko Breadcrumbs in 2 tablespoons melted butter in a small skillet until golden brown. Add a bit of garlic powder, salt and sugar to taste.
Recipe created in partnership with Chef Robbie Felice at @Robbiefelice