- Blend together soy sauce, vinegar, oils, basil, mint, garlic, chili paste and honey in a small bowl.
- Remove 1/3 cup Signature Sauce and reserve.
- Pour remainder into a zip-top plastic bag and add chicken breasts, coating all sides well. Place in refrigerator and let marinate, turning occasionally, for at least an hour.
- Preheat outdoor grill to medium.
- Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade. Place chicken over medium grill fire for 7 to 9 minutes on each side, or until tender and done. (Or, place chicken on rack of broiler pan. Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat source 7 to 8 minutes on each side, or until chicken is no longer pink in center.)
- Remove chicken to a cutting board, tenting with foil to keep warm while it rests for about 5 minutes.
- While chicken is resting, toss greens and cucumber slices with the reserved marinade mixture that has NOT been used to marinate the chicken, then divide greens evenly among 4 serving plates.
- Cut chicken breasts against the grain crosswise into approximate 1/2-inch slices. Place over salad greens and sprinkle with pine nuts, as well as additional basil and mint leaves.
ADDITIONAL USAGE IDEAS
- Use sauce as a marinade when grilling pork, fish and other seafood.
- Keep on hand as a quick and zesty dressing for any type mixed green salad.
- Also a great dip for fresh vegetables, spring rolls and potstickers.
- Excellent used to drizzle lightly over vegetables prior to and after roasting or grilling.
Recipe submitted by Janice Elder, Charlotte, NC, Grand Prize Winner of the Signature Sauce Recipe Contest.