1. Combine rib brine ingredients with one gallon of water in an 8 quart pot.
2. Cut the rack of ribs into 2-3 equal parts and fully submerge in the brine.
3. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
4. While ribs are boiling, make sauce.
Make Joyful Barbeque Sauce:
1. In a small bowl, stir together mix for Joyful barbeque sauce ingredients (flour and water) until dissolved. Set aside.
1. In a small saucepan, whisk together Joyful Barbeque Sauce ingredients. Bring sauce to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring regularly until reduced by half. 2. After reducing, add water and flour mixture to the saucepan and stir for 1 minute.
3. Remove saucepan from heat, set aside and let cool.
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking pan with aluminum foil and cover with a baking rack.
2. Drain ribs in a colander, and place prepared ribs on the prepared baking sheet. Using a pastry brush, brush with a heavy coating of barbeque sauce (approximately ¼ cup).
3. Bake on the middle rack for 20 minutes.
4. When the ribs have finished baking, remove them from the oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes before cutting.
5. Coat cut ribs with additional barbeque sauce and serve ribs with remaining sauce on the side.