- In a large pot, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onions, stirring occasionally until they are soft, about 4 minutes.
- Add the wild rice and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken or vegetable broth and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook on low heat for 45 minutes.
- In a separate skillet, heat the remaining olive oil over medium-high heat and add the sliced mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally until the mushrooms begin to brown. After about 7 minutes, add the white wine and cook until the liquid has evaporated. Add soy sauce and stir until the liquid has evaporated again.
- To serve, fold the mushrooms into the rice and add chopped chives to garnish.
Adapted from Saving Dessert