- Line your hand in plastic wrap and gather a golf ball sized amount of sushi rice in your hand. You can use freshly made or leftover rice.
- Make an indentation and fill with any filling you’d like! We chose some leftover BBQ pork. Other ideas are spicy tuna or teriyaki chicken!
- Close the rice around the filling and shape into a triangle.
- Cut a piece of nori and wrap around the bottom of the onigiri.
- Dip in Kikkoman Sweet Soy Sauce and enjoy!
To make sushi rice:
- Combine 3/4 cup rice and 1 cups water in medium saucepan; bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes, or until water is absorbed. Remove from heat and let stand 20 minutes, covered.
- Meanwhile, combine 1/8 cup Kikkoman Rice Vinegar, 1-1/2 tbs sugar and 1 tsp salt in small saucepan; heat only until sugar dissolves, stirring constantly.
- Turn cooked rice out into large non-metal bowl, separating grains with fork. Pour vinegar mixture, a little at a time, evenly over rice; gently folding to combine after each addition. Cool rice mixture to room temperature.