- Preheat oven to 425°F on convection bake.
- Line a baking sheet with non-stick foil or parchment paper.
- Place the chicken wings in a large bowl and sprinkle with salt, white pepper, and oil. Toss to distribute the seasoning and oil evenly. Arrange the wing pieces on the lined baking tray in a single layer so they are not touching and place the tray in the oven.
- Bake the wings for 20 minutes, then remove the tray from the oven and flip each piece. Continue baking the wings for another 10 minutes to crisp and caramelize, then remove the tray from the oven and turn the oven off.
- While still hot, place the wings in a large bowl, saving the lined tray, and pour the teriyaki takumi sauce over the wings. Toss to thoroughly coat each piece then return the wings to the tray. Place the tray back in the oven, though it is turned off it should still be very hot, and let the tray sit in the residual heat of the oven for 5-7 minutes to bake the sauce into the wings. The sauce should begin to bubble on the tray but not burn.
- Arrange the wings onto a serving plate and drizzle 1-2 tablespoons of the teriyaki takumi sauce over the wings. Sprinkle with the sliced scallions and serve immediately.
Recipe created in partnership with @chefadriennecheatham.