- Thinly slice cucumber. Place into a mixing bowl and add salt. Stir the cucumbers to evenly distribute salt. Let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Drain the liquid that has been pulled from the cucumbers. Add sugar, vinegar, and water. Mix until sugar is dissolved. Let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Drain and squeeze out the cucumbers. Add sesame oil and sesame seeds to finish.
- Heat up charcoal or gas grill to medium-high heat or about 425ºF. Season salmon collars lightly with salt to taste and place on the grill. Allow the salmon to sear for 2 minutes on both sides, brushing on the first layer of Takumi to avoid burning on each side.
- Brush on another light layer of Takumi onto both sides after searing is complete. Cook an additional 1 minute per side, then brush on another coat of Takumi and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Take collars off the grill and brush on more Takumi to finish.
Recipe created in partnership with @outdoorcheflife.