Joyful Honey Mustard Sauce
1. Stir together Kikkoman® Umami Joy Sauce, honey, dark brown sugar, yellow mustard and onion powder in a small (one quart size) saucepan.
2. Slowly bring sauce to a simmer over low heat, stirring regularly to keep sauce from burning.
3. While sauce is coming to a simmer, combine water and corn starch in a small bowl. Mix water and cornstarch together with a spoon. Set aside.
4. Once the sauce comes to a simmer, add water and cornstarch mixture to the saucepan and stir for 1 minute.
5. Remove the saucepan from the burner. Add apple cider vinegar to the saucepan and stir for another minute.
6. Set saucepan aside and allow the sauce to cool for 10 minutes. The sauce will thicken upon cooling.
7. Once cool, transfer sauce to a small serving bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Crispy Chicken Tenders
1. Line a large plate with two layers of paper towels. Set aside.
2. Season chicken tenderloins with salt, black pepper and onion powder. Set aside.
3. Place Kikkoman® Gluten-Free Panko bread crumbs in a medium sized bowl.
4. In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and Kikkoman® Joy Sauce.
5. Working with one piece of chicken at a time, dredge chicken tenderloin in egg and Joy Sauce mixture. Shake off any excess egg.
6. Transfer the chicken to the bowl containing panko breadcrumbs. Press chicken tenderloin into bread crumbs. Make sure the panko bread crumbs fully coat the chicken.
7. Place panko-coated chicken tenderloin on a plate or baking sheet and set aside.
8. Repeat steps 4, 5 and 6 with remaining chicken tenderloins.
9. Once all chicken tenderloins are coated in panko bread crumbs, heat about ¼ inch of oil to 375°F in a large frying pan over medium heat.
10. Shallow fry the panko-coated chicken tenderloins, in two separate batches, in the hot oil for 3 minutes on each side. You will know the chicken tenderloins are done when they are golden brown and have reached an internal temperature of 165°F.
11. When the chicken tenderloins are finished frying, using tongs, carefully remove them from the oil and place them on the prepared paper towel lined plate. Season fried chicken tenderloins with a pinch of salt immediately.
12. When ready, place crispy chicken tenders on a serving plate. Drizzle with Joyful Honey Mustard Sauce or serve in a small bowl on the side.