- Clean, dry and shred lettuce leaves; set aside.
- Pat fish dry with paper towels. Cut fish into 2-inch pieces, about 1/2-inch thick. Toss fish, cornstarch and white pepper in medium bowl.
- Heat wok until very hot. Add vegetable oil; tilt wok to coat sides. Add fish and ginger; stir-fry gently 2 minutes, or until fish turns white.
- Add green onions, stir-fry sauce and sesame oil and stir-fry until all pieces are evenly coated with sauce.
- Place lettuce on platter and spoon fish on top. Serve immediately.
Recipe submitted by Katie Chin, co-author of Everyday Chinese Cooking.