- Cut steak in half, as close as possible to the size of the bread. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place flour, beaten eggs, and bread crumbs in separate bowls or trays. Coat steaks evenly with flour, egg, bread crumbs, one at a time. Be sure to shake off any excess off.
- In a deep pan or pot, heat up 1-1.5 inch of oil to 350°F. Once hot, fry coated steaks for 1 minute on one side, then turn over and fry for another 30 seconds. If steaks are thinner than 1 inch, fry for about 30 seconds each side. Center of the beef should be rare. Take out and rest on a wire rack to drain, about 3-5 minutes depending on thickness.
- Coat each wagyu katsu with 1-2 tablespoons of Kikkoman® Teriyaki Takumi, Original on each side of each cutlet.
- Assemble each sandwich and cut off the crusts. Cut sandwich in half or thirds, if you’d like.
Recipe created in partnership with @wah.wuu.