Hot Dog Skewers
- Cut hot dogs into segments. Thread skewers with a fresh mozzarella ball, a hot dog segment, another fresh mozzarella ball and then a hot dog segment.
- Using a traditional breading method, put dry tempura batter in a 2½ inch hotel pan, prepared tempura batter (according to package instructions) in a second hotel pan, and toasted panko in a third hotel pan.
- Dredge hot dog and cheese skewers in dry tempura, dip in tempura batter, and dredge in panko.
- If breading for service, fry skewers in a deep fryer until golden brown. Drain and allow to cool slightly.
- If breading as a production batch, freeze skewers until ready to fry. Thaw to temper and fry as needed.
- Hold skewers and drizzle unagi and wasabi sauces in a zig-zag pattern. Serve immediately.
As presented at Flavor Experience 2022 in partnership with Chef Andrew Hunter.