- Rinse jalapeño peppers; discard stems, blackened skin and about 1/2 of seeds*. Place in food processor or blender container; add green pepper. Cover and process until finely chopped; turn out into Dutch oven or large stock pot.
- Stir in sugar, sweet & sour sauce, vinegar and 1/2 cup water. Bring to boil over medium-high heat; boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add pectin all at once; stirring to combine. Return to boil; boil 1 minute longer, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; stir in food coloring. Skim off foam.
- Fill hot sterilized jars with hot jelly to within 1/2 inch from top. Seal with thin layer of melted paraffin wax and cover with lids.
*For spicier jelly, discard less jalapeño pepper seeds.