- To prepare marinade, whisk together all marinade ingredients in a medium bowl. Set aside ¼ cup and refrigerate until ready to make dressing.
- Place marinade and steak in large resealable bag. Remove air and seal bag. Place in a large bowl and let marinate in the refrigerator for several hours or up to 2 days, turning bag occasionally.
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Remove steak from bag and discard marinade. Place steak on grill and cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium rare, or until steak is cooked to your liking. Remove and place on a large piece of heavy duty foil; let rest for 10 minutes.
- While steak rests, prepare dressing by stirring together reserved marinade, olive oil, rice vinegar and soy sauce.
- Place greens onto 4 to 6 large salad plates or bowls.
- Cut steak into thin bite-size strips and place over greens; drizzle with any accumulated juices. Garnish with carrot and jicama strips and edible flowers, if desired. Serve with dressing on the side.
- The longer the marinate time the more tender and flavorful the steak will be.
- Don’t skip the time to let the steak rest. This time allows the juices to settle and stay inside the steak when sliced.
- Japanese 7-spice is available in the spice section of most major supermarkets.