- Place oil, garlic and onion in a deep skillet over medium heat.
- When the onions begin to sizzle, add crushed red pepper flakes and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in mushrooms, Pearl Soymilk and soy sauce. Sauté until mushrooms are just tender and all the liquid has been absorbed into the mushrooms, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in tomatoes and basil.
- Slice baguette in thin diagonals and arrange on a serving platter.
- Spoon tablespoonful mushroom topping onto the bread slices and serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Christina Pirello, star of a PBS television show.