- Heat large pot or tilt skillet on medium low heat.
- Add oil to pot and allow to heat up.
- Add onions. Stir. Cook until soft and translucent, approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Once onions are translucent, add garlic and red pepper flakes. Stir. Cook until fragrant, approximately 1 minute.
- Add tomato paste to pan and stir. Allow to cook for 1 minute.
- Add tomato sauce, salt, pepper, and orange sauce. Stir until combined.
- Bring to simmer, reduce heat, and cook for 30 minutes. Hot hold covered at 135° or above for service.
- Batch cook pasta according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Before service, toss pasta with sauce and garnish.
Total Fat: 3.4 g
Saturated Fat: .5 g
Cholesterol: .6 mg
Sodium: 651.4 mg
Carbohydrates: 75.2 g
Dietary Fiber: 4.3 g
Total Sugars: 28.2 g
Protein: 8 g