- To prepare Prawn Head Oil, boil the prawn heads in oil with garlic, ginger and lemongrass. Cook over medium-low heat for 45 minutes, frequently pushing on the prawn heads with a spoon to release juices and flavor. Reduce heat to low and add basil and mint. Cook for an additional 20 minutes. Strain through a coffee filter to remove solids and reserve oil.
- While Prawn Head Oil is cooking, prepare Sungold Tomato Soy Passato. Sweat the onion and garlic in olive and sesame oils. Add miso and cook until onions and garlic are fully cooked. Add tomatoes and cook until roughly half the tomatoes are falling apart. Deglaze with white wine and cook for an additional 10 minutes on high heat or until liquid has cooked off, stirring constantly.
- Stir in Kikkoman® Soy Sauce and Kikkoman® Sweet Soy Glaze, then add basil and oregano. Cook over low heat for 30 minutes, stirring frequently. Puree in a food processor or blender with heavy cream and butter until velvety smooth. Set aside.
- To prepare Ramen Marinade, whisk together all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Stir together all Marinated Spot Prawn ingredients in a small bowl.
- Stir 2 tablespoons ramen marinade into 1 portion of cooked ramen; let marinate for 20 minutes. (Noodles should be served cold or at room temperature).
- To assemble dish, spread room temperature Sungold Tomato Soy Passato thinly onto a plate. Twirl the marinated ramen and place in the center of the plate. Spoon Marinated Spot Prawns over the ramen. Garnish with basil and oregano leaves and fennel tops and place dots of Prawn Head Oil around the ramen and on top of the Sungold Tomato Soy Passato.
Recipe created in partnership with Chef Robbie Felice at pastaRAMEN.