- Tip and tail the beets and arrange each color in their own 2½-inch hotel pan. Pour Beet Dressing mixture evenly over each pan of beets, add tarragon stems and cover with foil and roast in 400ºF oven for 30 minutes or until beets are tender.
- Cool beets and peel off skin. Slice crosswise in ¼-inch thick slices.
- Arrange or shingle beets by alternating colors on any size plate or platter you prefer.
Fried Shallots, Shiitakes and Tarragon
- e peeled shallots paper-thin crosswise on a mandolin.
- Stem shiitakes and slice with a knife as thinly as possible.
- Pull tarragon leaves from stems. Use beet dressing as seasoning when roasting beets.
- Deep fry shallots, shiitakes, and tarragon leaves, separately from each other, stirring constantly, until golden brown. Remove from the fryer and drain.
- Set aside.
- Drizzle pineapple teriyaki sauce generously over shingled beets.
- Scatter fried shallots, shiitakes, and tarragon leaves across the top of shingled beets and pineapple teriyaki sauce.
As presented at Flavor Experience 2022 in partnership with Chef Andrew Hunter.