- In heavy saucepan, place 3/4 cup sugar and water over medium high heat. Cook, stirring, until sugar is dissolved, bring to a boil without stirring.
- Add cranberries, apricots, vinegar, brown sugar, and ginger. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, about 5 minutes or until cranberries pop and mixture begins to thicken, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and cool.
- Add sake, soy sauce, lime juice and red pepper and stir to combine well.
- Grill pork to the desired doneness, about 7 or 8 minutes per side over high heat for medium donness.
- Remove and cut into 12 slices.
- While meat is on grill, place thoroughly washed Swiss chard in boiling salt water and allow to simmer for 5 to 6 minutes. Drain chard thoroughly and arrange a bed of chard on each serving plate and top with 3 slices of pork arranged on top of each other on angles. Top with generous serving of Signature Sauce.
ADDITIONAL USAGE IDEAS
- Excellent on grilled chicken.
- Makes a lovely topping for slices of grilled polenta.
Recipe submitted by Barbara Morgan, Camino, CA, Second Prize Winner of the Signature Sauce Recipe Contest.