- For Barbecue Pork: Cut pork in half lengthwise. Pierce all sides of both halves with fork; place pieces in large plastic bag.
- Combine soy sauce, sherry, honey, ginger, garlic and food coloring; pour over pork. Press air out of bag; close top securely. Turn over several times to coat pieces well.
- Refrigerate 8 hours, or overnight, turning bag over occasionally.
- Reserving marinade, remove pieces and place on rack in shallow pan; cover loosely with aluminum foil. Bake at 325°F. 30 minutes.
- Discard foil; continue baking 1 hour and 15 minutes longer, or until meat thermometer inserted into thickest part registers 170°. Brush pieces with reserved marinade 2 or 3 times during baking.
To serve: cut across grain into thin slices
Recipe by Chef Andrew Hunter